Tyler Mann: Car Accident Lawyer in Huntsville, Alabama
The team at Tyler Mann Injury Law has many years of experience fighting for victims of car accidents who just want to put their lives back together after other drivers acted negligently. While we can’t make it so your accident never happened, we will fight to make sure you don’t have to worry about how you’ll pay your bills while you recover from an accident that wasn’t your fault.
Common Injuries and Damage After a Car Accident
In 2017, someone was injured in a car accident every 11 minutes in Alabama. Injuries from car accidents can range from minor to deadly, and they may not always be immediately obvious. The most common types of injuries from car accidents include:
- Head and Brain Injuries – These types of injuries may be caused by impact with a window or steering wheel and can cause severe and even permanent damage.
- Neck, Shoulder, and Back Injuries – These types of injuries, which include whiplash, are caused by a vehicle’s unexpected stop or change in direction and can cause long-lasting pain.
- Chest Injuries – This type of injury includes contusions, broken ribs, and internal injuries.
- Soft Tissue Injuries – This type of injury includes stretched or torn muscles, ligaments, and tendons such as strains or sprains.
- Lacerations – This type of injury may be caused by broken glass, torn metal, or loose objects in your vehicle thrown by the impact of the collision.
- Fractured or Broken Bones – These types of injuries may be caused by limbs being thrown against a door, the front seats, or the dashboard in a collision.
What to Do if You’re in a Car Accident in Huntsville, Alabama
Immediately after a car accident, you may be in shock, confused, and even in serious pain. However, what you do and say in the minutes, hours, and days after a car accident can have a large impact on your chances of getting compensation for your injuries. After a crash, you should:
- Call 911 – This will summon the police to the scene to make a report, as well as emergency responders to treat injuries. Never assume someone else has already called. When speaking to the police, only state facts; do not make guesses at what happened.
- Exchange Information – Collect the insurance information of the other driver and their passengers, as well as the contact information of any witnesses to the accident. Do not make accusations or admissions of fault when speaking to the other driver.
- Take Pictures – Include pictures of both vehicles as well as of the scene of the accident, which can serve as evidence when building your claim.
- Get Medical Attention – If you were not treated at the scene, see a medical professional as soon as possible. This will identify any hidden injuries that may not have been immediately obvious as well as link your injuries to the car accident.
- Contact a Lawyer – Call an experienced car accident attorney in Huntsville, AL to improve your chances of getting the compensation you deserve, especially when it comes to proving your accident wasn’t your fault.
How We Investigate Your Car Accident Case
When you hire the team at Tyler Mann Injury Law to handle your Huntsville car accident claim, you don’t have to stress about dealing with uncooperative or skeptical insurance adjusters who want to reduce or deny the compensation you need. Our team will take over all the details of building your claim, including:
- Handling negotiations with the insurance company
- Collecting police and accident scene reports
- Questioning crash witnesses
- Reviewing medical records
- Reconstructing the accident scene
- Hiring expert witnesses to review evidence
What Compensation Can be Recovered in a Car Accident Case in Alabama
An experienced car accident attorney will be able to calculate what you may be owed after a car accident that wasn’t your fault based on the severity of your injuries and the degree to which those injuries affected and may continue to affect your life. Examples of recoveries may include:
- Past and Future Medical Expenses – Compensation for medical expenses incurred from your injuries, as well as for the expected cost of future treatment related to your crash injuries.
- Past and Future Lost Wages – Compensation for paychecks lost while you recovered from your injuries, as well as for any reduced earning capacity caused by permanent injuries.
- Pain and Suffering – Compensation for the physical pain and mental/emotional suffering you experienced as a result of your injury.
How Tyler Mann Can Help with Your Car Accident Case in Alabama
The legal team at Tyler Mann Injury Law knows what it takes to build a successful car accident injury claim in Alabama. We will compile evidence to prove that your accident was not your fault and negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf to get the compensation you need. If the insurance company refuses to pay, we are not afraid to take them to court. And most importantly, you don’t pay unless we win. Contact an experienced car accident lawyer in Huntsville, AL today for a free case review.