Motorcycle Accident Injury Lawyer, Tyler Mann Injury Law
Personal Injury Attorney Serving Huntsville & North Alabama Areas
After a motorcycle accident, you may be suffering severe injuries and dealing with a hostile insurance company. That’s why you need to contact Tyler Mann Injury Law.
What You Should Do After a Motorcyle Accident
You may be angry, in pain, or confused after a motorcycle accident, especially one that happened because a driver was behaving negligently, carelessly, or recklessly. However, it is important to stay calm and follow these steps to improve your chances of getting compensation for your injuries:
- Call 911 – This will bring emergency medical technicians and police to the scene to treat injuries and complete an accident report.
- Take Pictures – If you are physically capable, take pictures of the damage to your motorcycle and the other vehicle (if any), your injuries, and the scene of the accident, as they can be used as evidence later to prove you weren’t at fault.
- Exchange Information – Get the contact and insurance information of the other driver as well as the contact information of any witnesses.
- Get Medical Treatment – It is important to inform the medical provider you were involved in a motorcycle accident, because this prevents the insurance company from claiming any of your injuries are unrelated to the accident.
- Only Provide Facts, Not Guesses ¬– When speaking to your insurance company or the police, don’t make guesses about speeds or distances, and never admit fault for the crash at the scene or afterward.
- Don’t Discuss the Accident ¬– Insurance companies will use any excuse to deny your claim, including by misrepresenting social media posts or things you may have said at the scene while you were still injured and in shock.
Common Injuries and Damages of a Motorcycle Accident
Because motorcycles lack the safety features of other vehicles, motorcycle riders can only rely on their clothing and helmets for protection in a crash or collision. And because motorcycles are much smaller than other vehicles, they often are missed when other drivers aren’t paying attention when turning, changing lanes, or approaching an intersection.
This means motorcycle riders often suffer severe injuries in crashes and collisions. Motorcycle crash injuries may include:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Facial fractures
- Broken ribs, hips, and other bones
- Nerve damage
- Internal bleeding
- Road rash
Compensation for a Motorcycle Injury Claim
When you hire an Alabama motorcycle injury attorney from Tyler Mann Injury Law, we will help you get the compensation you need for your injury-related expenses and everything you’ve been through as a result of your accident, including:
- Medical Expenses – Including emergency medical care, treatment, and/or surgery
- Ongoing and/or Future Medical Expenses – Including physical therapy and/or the cost of disability accommodations
- Lost Wages – Including missed paychecks during your recovery and future lost wages if your ability to work is affected by your injury
- Pain and Suffering – Including physical pain and emotional or mental suffering as a result of your injury
How Long to File a Motorcycle Accident Claim in Alabama
You only have two years from the date of your injury to file a personal injury lawsuit in the state of Alabama. That may seem like plenty of time, but if you don’t realize the extent of your injuries until the bills begin to pile up, or if you spend too long attempting to negotiate with the insurance company on your own, you may miss your window. And once that deadline passes, your opportunity to get compensation is gone for good.
Whether the crash just occurred, or if you are already approaching the end of the statute of limitations after your motorcycle accident, contact Tyler Mann right away for a case consultation.
Why Alabama Motorcyle Injury Lawyer, Tyler Mann?
Insurance companies are already prejudiced against motorcycle riders, and often attempt to claim they are at fault for their own accidents.
With Alabama’s “pure” comparative negligence law, riders who are determined to have contributed to their own accident, even if it is only 1% fault compared to the other driver’s 99% fault, are not eligible for compensation in road accidents and collisions. That’s why you need an experienced motorcycle accident attorney on your side to prove that you were in no way at fault for your accident.
The legal team at Tyler Mann Injury Law will compile evidence to build a strong claim on your behalf to help you get the compensation you deserve. And if the insurance company continues to try to reduce or deny your claim, we aren’t afraid to take them to court. After a motorcycle injury caused by someone else’s reckless behavior, call Tyler Mann. Your consultation is always free, and you don’t pay unless we win.